Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tour Of Our Bookshelves


I think I mentioned in a previous post that I recently moved our living room. The 100+ degree summer temperatures were heating up our old living room, and the air conditioner just wasn't cutting it. Probably has something to do with those vaulted ceilings, or maybe it's the giant windows, or maybe the SINGLE VENT. No, that couldn't be it. Anyways, a few weeks ago I decided that I'd had it up to here with the heat, and moved the living room into the room that we hadn't really done anything with. Our house is an older house, and has what I think is supposed to be a family room, and a den. Our plan was to turn the extra room into a music room someday, but since we can't afford to buy a piano right now, it was just sitting empty. Except for a drum set. The drum set has been moved, by the way. Someday I'll take pictures of that, (the living room, not the drum set,) but you don't want to see it right now, trust me. All 3 Brahm men have been sick this week, so it's pretty much a disaster area in there. I'll only let family see it like this. And single men, 'cause they probably won't notice anyways.

Someone had given us two white bookshelves, and they were sitting in the "I-Don't-Know Room," keeping the drums company. Since the drums moved, I had to figure out what to do with the shelves. After trying about, oh, I don't know, 5 different furniture arrangements over a couple of days, they ended up against one wall, pushed up against each other. For the very first time, I actually put a little bit of *drumroll* effort into "styling" *gasp* the bookshelves, like the cool kids do. *jazz hands* I even have my books facing the wrong way. Cool Kid Click, here I come! ....and now it is time for your guided tour. Keep you hands and arms inside the boat at all times, and watch out for the ducks- they bite.


The big picture.




My little papertowel pom-pom garland thingy. Iced coffee was involved. No, not for drinking, silly. Although, I'm pretty sure I was drinking some at the time too, so never mind.




Hello, my name is Hannah, and I have a problem- I raid my kids' toyboxes for decor fodder. Yep, I did. I wandered the house looking for wood-like things, and then a diaper needed to be changed and I saw the alphabet puzzle on the shelf of the changing table. The one that Noah has NEVER done. So, I took it. *hangs head* ...it gets worse. After changing the diaper, I went back out to the now living room, and found the dog chewing on a train track. A wooden train track. I took it away. And kept it. And then attached the puzzle pieces to it. *shuffles away* Cute though, isn't it?




This is my wedding bouquet. It looked a little less dry at the time. The tiara I wore on our wedding day is sitting on top of them. That is about the same dryness now as it was on our wedding day. Although, it did rain on Wedding Day, so never mind.





Yes, more train tracks, and a porcelain shoe Josh brought back for me from Holland many moons ago when we were dating.




I bought this frame for our first anniversary, and just now put a picture in it. Oh well. More train tracks, a vase from the dollar section at Target, more letters and half a wooden goat.




I really am shameless with the train tracks, aren't I? More letters, an "N" for Noah, and a "W" for William, or as Josh said, "Oh, I thought it said 'now,'"a tea tin, a half-burned candle, and a rooster. I wasn't lying when I said I had a problem.




One of my favorite pictures of Noah from right before his 1st birthday, and the wooden Noah Train, courtesy of Bella and Grandpa.




Pictures of Noah's little life, (yes, we do, in fact, have two kids, but Noah's just been around a lot longer, hence more pictures,) and our wedding album.

And, that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed your tour! (And avoided the ducks)

No comments:

Post a Comment