Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Favorite Grilled Chicken


Next up in my little grilling series, is (so far) my favorite grilled chicken recipe. This is one of my favorites to grill, because it just smells SO good while it's grilling. If I wouldn't burn my face off, I'd just position my head over the grill so I could just smell it as strongly and for as long as possible. (Or, at least the 14 minutes that it's cooking.) Here is the original recipe, but as usual, I've made a couple changes to it. Here is my version-

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons mustard
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 orange juiced
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

  1. In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment