Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm still alive...really, I am

The last month or so has been busy around here. Not so much because of running around with the kiddos, but because of all the projects I've been into. It has cooled down a little bit here, so I've been able to spend more time (comfortably) outside, which has been fun. I've always loved to be outside, and thankfully, the little boys do too.

Since it's cooled off, and the plants around here have decided to show small signs of life, I've decided to take on putting in flower beds and fixing all the sprinklers in the backyard. The sprinkler project turned out to be more of a "if you give a mouse a cookie" type of thing, because to get to the shrub sprinklers repaired meant I had to cut back all the shrubs...of which there are many that look like they haven't been touched in years. Then we had Sprinkler Search 2011 where I ended up following the PVC underground to see if there were sprinklers that had been covered up by dirt. I ended up finding two, but still wasn't quite getting the coverage I wanted, so after getting all of the sprinklers repaired, I put in almost 40' of PVC pipe and put in 4 new sprinklers off of the existing lines. I still need to put in two more, but I ran out of pipe. Bummer. Until I make it out to get more, I'm stuck.

My neighbor has been helping with all of this because she's awesome like that. She's also teaching me how to garden. It's been...about 3 weeks since she helped me put in a flower bed, and, knock-on-wood, I haven't killed anything yet. I think some of the mums might be on their way out, but there's still hope, right? Just the yellow ones though- the white ones are doing just fine for some reason.

I've also started working on a Master Bedroom make-over. I'm about half way done with that as I'm doing it in phases so that I don't have to dish out all the moo-la at once.

All this along with cooking, cleaning, and attempting to keep up with laundry, and everyone being sick for two weeks has kept me away from the blog for awhile, but soon, I promise, I'll take pictures of the madness and give you all a real update. Until then, cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment