Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Letter of Apology

Dear Vinegar,

I feel that I owe you my deep and sincerest apologies. All these years, I've severely underestimated you. I have to admit, I'd heard others talk about you, and your amazing cleaning abilities, but I secretly thought to myself, "Why would all these companies make cleaning products, if all you had to use was vinegar?" Now I know- those products are for the idiots like me. Countless times, I've reached past you to grab my beloved all-purpose cleaner, only to be left frustrated when it would leave me wanting more. Now I know I should have wrapped my hand around YOUR bottle.

You know I love you. While all the other little kids in Subway would order their Kids Meals by saying, "Mayo and extra cheese, please!" and grabbed the bag of BBQ chips, I was the one saying "oil, and extra vinegar, please!" before eagerly grabbing my favorite blue bag full of salt and vinegar goodness. All my pregnancies, you called my name, and I kept you nearby to comfort me in my time of need.

Through all of that, I still never let you live up to your full potential in my life, and for that, I am truly and deeply sorry. I hope you can forgive me, even after all these years have gone by.

Humbly and apologetically yours,

Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment